Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I blur a bit of a photo in photoshop?

I have a photo and I would like to blur out the background, how can I do this?How can I blur a bit of a photo in photoshop?
Use the magic wand to select the section, right click to add or subtract seletions... then once all is in the zone use the blur tool listed under the left hand side under one of the options. Hope this helps!How can I blur a bit of a photo in photoshop?
First, always . cntrl +J, or apple +J to duplicate original layer, then apply a gaussen blur to top layer, then go to top of the drop down menus, select filter, go down to blur, then select gauusen blur (my fave, but experiment with others)


apply the blur, it will blur entire image, NEXT get the eraser, and reduce opacity of eraser to like 15%, and reduce the hardness to like 10% . now go and erase the areas of the picture that you want to remain in focus, by having the eraser at 15% opacity you can have greater control in erasing, this will tend to give more accurate results than the magic wand. good luck, you can send an email to me with more questions, zorro1701@excite.com
I'm sure that in the list of tools on the left there is a blur or smudge tool. Make the brush size really big but quite weak then use it on the background.
if you crop the area you dont want to be blurred. Then choose inverse selection and go over the rest with the blur tool. Hope that helps =)
Using ';Motion Blur'; filter or ';Gaussian Blur';filter in Photoshop,so that you could control a bit of blur to your photo
Click in Filter/ blur / blur.


That's all!!!!
It is far easier to isolate the background when shooting the original than to make adjustments later.





My Photoshop guru gets $150 per hour to make changes on perfectly good photos that a agency rep later decides wants to ';look'; different.
crop the area you dont want blurred and choose inverse selection. then go over the rest with the blur tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment