Friday, January 8, 2010

How do I change my tabby cat into a white cat on photoshop?

Hiya,





I used to use photoshop about 2 years ago and I swear I used to know a simple technique to change fur colour, that I have now forgotten.





Help? =0)How do I change my tabby cat into a white cat on photoshop?
Photoshop has no ';change fur'; function. There will be many ways to do this, and it will vary a lot from image to image what will work well. It's best if you have a high resolution (large) image to work on.





With a tabby cat your main problem is that you need to remove the pattern so it is not as simple as changing the color/brightness.





If you have large enough areas of bright/white fur you can use clone stamp tool and healing brush to cover up the dark fur.





You could also attempt to make a selection based on the dark fur (many ways to do this depending on your skill) and then with that selection selected add an adjustment layer (and the selection will be used as a mask so it only affects part of the image). What adjustments you need depend on your image - you could try to lighten it using brightness/contrast (but use curves instead if you know how) and to change the color using hue/saturation.





If you do not care a bout the pattern and simply want to remove the color from the fur you just select the fur then add the hue/saturation adjustment layer and desaturate it. It will now be white/grey/black.





If you also do not give a damn about realism you could just take a white brush and brush a slab of solid white color over your cat ;)How do I change my tabby cat into a white cat on photoshop?
I'm no expert at all, but use the brush and select color dodge? Play with the opacity settings ey.

No comments:

Post a Comment