Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I see the dimensions of a layer in photoshop? Who wants 10 points?

I know how to see the dimensions of the whole file by going to image, image size... but how can I see the width and height of a specific layer without having to look at the rulers? I'm specifically trying to do this with a rectangular image in a page layout, not text or anything organically shaped.How can I see the dimensions of a layer in photoshop? Who wants 10 points?
Use the Info tab - either Window pulldown menu --%26gt; Info, or hit F8. It has a flyout Palette Options menu at the top right that will let you set it for Pixels, Inches, etc.





Once you have done that, go to your layer you want to see the size of and load it as a selection (hold the ctrl key and click on the layer - the marching ants should be around the layer image). The info palette will show you the exact size of your selection.





This works with irregular layers as well, though, obviously it only provides overall height and width.How can I see the dimensions of a layer in photoshop? Who wants 10 points?
I'm sure there's a better way but I just select that layer then go copy and then go to 'new' and the 'new' page will generally automatically be the same proportions as the layer you've just copied.





There is probably a much easier way but thats what I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment