Monday, December 28, 2009

How can I make my image less pixelated in Photoshop?

I'm currently working with a silhouetted image in Photoshop (all black on a white background) and to clean it up a bit I would like to have smoother edges. Is there a way to do this? When I was making the silhouette the magic wand tool couldn't cut out everything and they were small enough that I couldn't erase them with the erase tool. Now the edges look a little messy.





Help?How can I make my image less pixelated in Photoshop?
Ok, First go back and start from the beginning, go up to ';image size'; and change the resolution to 150 (at least) but no more than 300.





The magic wand tool selects by color...you can set the sensitivity between 1-100.





example: you have an image that is black, white, and shades of gray, if you set the magic wand to 100, and click on the color black, it will choose all of the black and gray, but not the white because white is more than 100 shades away from black.





If you change the sensitivity to 1, and click on the color black, it will only choose the black, because while set at one, it will only register one shade.





Edit: If you want it to be smooth, the magic wand isn't really the way to go...if you want, you can email me the image, I might be able to touch it up for you.How can I make my image less pixelated in Photoshop?
Try doing stroke in black around the picture and centering it on the line so that part of the stroke is outside the image and part inside, this might help you to have smoother edges. Also when trying to erase


pixels around an image magnify the picture so that the eraser tool is the same size as the pixel and this will make your work easier. Would


like to know how you fare?

No comments:

Post a Comment