Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I convert a button I made in Photoshop into a flash button?

I created a nice website menu (with buttons) in Photoshop... Is there a way I can turn the buttons in the menu into flash buttons? The PSD file is already sliced and ready for the web.How do I convert a button I made in Photoshop into a flash button?
Import the PSD file(s) into the flash project, transform it to symbol (press the F8 key - there are 3 types of symbols: graphic, button, movie clip - choose the button type of symbol) and assign the several behaviors and actions to the newly created button. Behaviors are set by editing the button stages - up, down, hit, and another one I can't remember now. The actions are set in the Actions panel by writing some actionscript lines. The actions panel has a wizard that helps you write simple line codes such as ';on release mailto:';cfbns98@yahoo.com';'; and things like that.How do I convert a button I made in Photoshop into a flash button?
http://fanphotoshop.com/ Report Abuse

Sure, flash will open PSD files. In fact if you have Flash CS3 it will read photoshop layers. Look up 'integrating photoshop layers' by Bert Lee. It's a great tutorial.





Just import the graphic object into flash, make a button symbol and go to town. With CS3, you don't need to put effects like drop shadows or embossment in your images, Flash has got that cvovered internally now.

No comments:

Post a Comment